Thursday, October 16, 2008

Making lemonade of lemons.....

The kids have a four day weekend starting today and we had fabulous plans. A playdate, zoo, powerplay (possibly) and lots of time together. I had it all planned. I had even talked hubby into taking a day off. That is a feat in and of itself. He has such a strong work ethic, which I AM thankful for. (That's a post for another day...) Anyway, we all wake up this morning and I start in on the list of chores that have to get done this morning before we start the fun stuff. As I walk by my beautiful 8 yr old I notice that her eye doesn't look quite right. I turn around and give it a closer inspection and think, "OH, NO! PINKEYE!"

So we went on a trip to the doctor for eyedrops to try and nip it in the bud and keep it from spreading. While there I decide to get flu shots/flu mist for all four and find out Sha Sha is behind on vaccinations. So we take care of that too.

Now comes the fresh squeezed lemonade. A couple of weeks ago I borrowed a book from the library on simple science experiments. We did several today. A couple were a bust. A few were okay and one was a BIG hit!

We had a lot of fun and made a mess, but we were entertained. Lots of tents and forts were built today with blankets too!

Anyway, it was okay. Not at all like I thought when I first saw that eye this morning.

No comments: