Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Sorry!

I have been a bad, bad, blogger. I missed my Menu Monday post and I haven't visited very many of your sites either. It all started Monday morning with Sha-Sha awoke with a cracked baby tooth and had to go to the dentist. Then, yesterday the boy went to the doctor for a persistent cough. He was tested, treated and tested again and diagnosed with asthma and a horrible raging ear infection. We were given a handful of prescriptions and went off to the pharmacy. I am very glad we have health insurance! We dropped $100 with our insurance, but it would have been much worse without. That's not the worst part of the story. The pharmacy messed up two of his prescriptions. It was actually scary. If I had not of had the doctor thoroughly explain each one and had read them myself, I may not have caught the errors. It makes me wonder how often that does happen. Pharmacists have a lot of responsibility for people's health. A wrong dose can not be effective or even be detrimental to someone's health. I am considering writing a letter to the pharmacy director and switching my prescriptions to another pharmacy.....

I'll be back later today with another book review and giveaway. Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Mammatalk said...

Wow. That must have been scary. I would certainly write a letter or call. Hope all are feeling better!

Lisa said...

Good job catching the mistakes. A lot of people probably wouldn't have noticed. I'm thinking I'd switch pharmacies too. I hope your little one is feeling better soon.

Heather said...

Thank goodness you stopped and read the medicine. I would certainly make some type of noise regarding this situation. You caught the mistake, another family might not get so lucky.

Hope everyone is better soon!

Veronica said...

What a blessing that you caught the mistakes! That is so scary. Hope the sickies leave your household soon!

The Blonde Duck said...

I would be all over that. That's completely inappropriate!

Sturgmom said...

Girl, I don't cut pharmacies any slack. I know they are human too, but there is no room for error when it comes to our kids' health!

One time I got a Rx and the pharmacy didn't reconstitute it. It was just powder. When I called, they told me I could add the water myself. I told them NO WAY and took it back for them to fix. But what if I was someone with less sense and gave my child a teaspoon of the powdery stuf?!?! It would have been a massive overdose. I switched pharmacies immediately.