Mrs. Nurse Boy over at Poop on Jelly tagged me to share! I've known Mrs. Nurse boy for 11 years (yes dear - that long!) and she is one great person. Go on over to her blog and check her out. Enjoy!
1. What are your current obsessions? What do you mean by current? I think I just continually add to my list. Unfortunately the most recently added are Bejeweled and checking Facebook every time I enter the house.
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? Jeans, a solid scoop or v-neck tee and a ponytail holder. Flip flops right now too.
3. What's for dinner? Something low fat, low cal, low glycemic value, low carb, sigh.
4. Last thing you bought? A Kindergarten graduation card and present for the boy. Sniff!
5. What are you listening to? The sound of kids playing outside, traffic noise from the nearby highway, and the wind blowing thru the trees.
6. If you were a god/goddess who would you be? A domestic goddess who has it all together and looks put together and not frazzled at the end of the day.
7. Favorite vacation spots? I really like the outdoors, driving vacations, museums, and oddball attractions. I made hubby drive 3 hours out of our way one year so I could see a windmill in Iowa.
8. Reading right now? Saints In Limbo (fiction), Mama's Got a Fake I.D. (second time, non-fiction - great book). And I have a few others started too.
9. Four words to describe yourself. Self-conscious, loyal, compassionate, and kind.
10. Guilty pleasure? Ice Cream and my other was Potato chips (but alas the potato chips suffered the high cholesterol diet cut.) And of course - Chocolate in any size, shape and form.
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak? Hubs and the boy. They have the same sense of humor. It can also make me angry if I'm in the wrong frame of mind.
12. Favorite thing to do in the summer? Doing stuff with the kids. Zoo, picnics, park, backyard, etc. Although I am fond of sleeping later, staying up later, not ironing school clothes, not making school lunches, etc.
13. Planning to travel to next? We'd love to do a long weekend somewhere close this summer, like St. Louis or Omaha, but we're not sure if it will fit in the budget yet. I am going to San Fran in the fall with hubby for a weekend before one of his business trips. It will be my first time away from the kids for more than one night.
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? Yikes. Best tasting? Probably Zarda BBQ ribs that we had last Thursday night because I couldn't cook at home because of another plumbing issue. Best for me - ice water.
15. When did you last get tipsy? In college, many years ago, before I knew better. I don't drink anymore because I don't like feeling like I am not in control of myself, and my dad was an alcoholic when I was little (and violent), so the stuff kind of freaks me out.
16. Favorite film? Once again difficult. If you asked me in high school, it would have been "Dirty Dancing". I know I shouldn't admit it. I really enjoyed "The Usual Suspects" several years back and I love the Janette Oke series, and "Enchanted" was super cute.
17. Dream vacation? Hawaii or a tropical cruise with hubby. Although I do want to take all the kiddos to DC.
18. Least favorite thing about driving in the boondocks? The possibility of hitting wildlife. I killed a hummingbird yesterday. It flew right into my dashboard. I am glad the kiddos weren't with me, I never would have lived it down. I also can't stand the fact that there are no landmarks or marked streets. "You know, turn left at the 342nd tree and then drive until the dirt road becomes more gravel and dings up your car..."
19. Least favorite part of your day? The time after the kids get home from school until hubby arrives. Homework, fighting between siblings, dinner prep, ICK!
20. Why do you blog? To complain. Honestly. I hate to admit it, it's like a valve to release the steam. If you don't release it - KABANG! Hubs words are frequently gone by the time he gets home and his ears start burning if I dump it all on him.
21. Major Pet Peeve- Clean laundry being put back in the hampers or thrown on the floor after I have cleaned and folded it.
Rules of the meme: Respond and rework. Answer questions on your own blog. Replace one question. Add one question. Tag 8 people.
Heather at Sugar N Spice and Mostly nice
Tracey at Tracey Crafty Scraps
Lisa at Cheerios Underfoot
SturgMOM at Sturgmom, In general
Anyone else who wants to participate. Only do it if you want to, No pressure! If you do, leave me a comment so I can check yours out too!
A list of ten. Or a list of diez things.
1 day ago