Tuesday, December 15, 2009

People pleasing versus God pleasing

I have been dealing with this a LOT lately. So I thought I should share this Joyce Meyer devotional that I've been reading...

Our pastor made a comment this last weekend that also stuck with me. Being in God's will doesn't mean that we won't have difficulty. That isn't the way to determine whether or not we are in His will for our lives.

Sometimes, I believe we face MORE adversity when we are in God's will. We do have an enemy that doesn't want us there. An enemy who will do anything, use anything, to discourage us and keep us from walking in God's will for our life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://dunejamuwu.freewebsitehosting.com/nidujas.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Wendi said...

I completely agree! The sermon last week spoke to me, too!

S said...

Ditto, Gwyn. I've been journaling on this very thing. The weight of pretending for the sake of pleasing others. The addiction of approval. They'll end up being blog posts one of these days. Maddie usually leaves me alone if I am writing in a notebook instead of pecking away at the computer.
I tend to believe that if I'm pleasing God I would naturally be pleasing people, but that's not so. I hate learning that the hard way.
Hugz.

Tonya said...

I believe that people pleasing can sometimes get you outside of the will of God. I also believe that sometimes we can face more adversity when we start to line ourselves up with God's will and purpose. It's something to think about.