Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have been a great big grump this afternoon. Grumpy because we missed Christmas festivities with family because of snow and my son had the flu. Grumpier because hubby is now sick for New Years. It is repetition for us from last year. We all had a stomach virus at Christmas last year and hubs was really sick with Bronchitis at New Years.

I am tired of sickness.

BUT, this post isn't about my disappointment, nor my cabin fever and my need to be out by myself without kiddos. This post IS about being thankful. Gratitude changes everything. Instead of being grumpy, I want to be happy. I control MY emotions.

I AM thankful that my family is healthy. Yes, we have our rounds of flu, our sniffles and coughs, but no major illnesses. No drawn out hospital stays. No diagnoses that change our lives forever. No struggling to pay hospital bills.

So, while I may be a little inconvenienced at this moment, I thank God that I have the family that I have, and that all I have to worry about is whether or not I have enough kleenex.......

Want to take part in Thankful Thursday? Join My Gratitude Adjustment (and myself). What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

Mama H said...

Awesome!!! Thanks for the link back to my blog, too!! :-) Your post was so sweet and hits home with me because we've had sickness this Christmas, too... stomach bugs, sinus infections, etc... nothing serious like so many other people deal with on a daily basis. Thanks for helping me see that our health is definitely something I should be grateful for more often! Happy New Year!

Lindsay Rudolph said...

Very true. In times like this, it is best to remember what there is to be thankful for. We choose our attitude.

Thanks for stopping by to visit. Glad you find my posts to be helpful! Happy New Year!

Jessica said...

Sometimes it's so difficult to turn things around and look at everything in a more positive light. Bravo to you for doing it though! I hope everyone knocks out the sicknesses soon!

Mammatalk said...

Wonderful. What a good way to start a new year. Thanks for the reminder!