Monday, October 6, 2008

Changes and my reaction

Change is a constant in life. Yet it is so hard sometimes. Some changes effect everyone we come into contact with, but what we have to consider is God's plan for us and our families and some of the other relationships in the grand scheme of things are not a significant part of that decision. I get so wrought up over changes in my relationships with others sometimes that I begin to think its all about me and forget that I am only a small blip in their lives and probably have nothing to do with their decisions.

We all go thru phases in our lives (or "seasons" for those fans of Ecclesiastes) and the transitions are sometimes hard. Especially when relationships change.

Women are so relational that sometimes these changes are harder for us to accept than our husbands. Men are much better about seeing things from a matter-of-fact perspective. I can only speak for myself, as a woman, when I say that I let my emotions get in the way.

I don't know that I had a point except that I need to get over myself.

No comments: