Friday, October 17, 2008

Meanest Mom title revisited

I asked the kiddos repeated times today to clean up their rooms. I have been unable to locate a stink in the house lately too.

Stink found! The 5 yr old boy had stashed two milk bottles from Wendy's in his room. Evidently he thought the shape was fun and wanted to keep them. He had not washed them out and they were RIPE when I found them. At least now I don't have to burn my Buttercream candle to try and cover up the stink!!

The girls told me repeatedly that their room was clean and I went up to retrieve something and found a mess with a capital M!! I got out two large totes and dumped everything that wasn't paper in them and hauled one and a half trash bags of paper out too.

A small part of me wants to do the whole ebay thing. How's this for a title? Lots of fun stuff my kids wouldn't pick up! But does that make me the meanest mom in the world again?

Should I give them a chance to earn it back? Should I donate it to goodwill? I need some wisdom.....

1 comment:

Chaos-Jamie said...

I've promised to throw everything away that they leave out, but it is so hard. Maybe leave it in the totes for a month, see if they notice anything gone, if they don't, pitch it, if they ask for a specific item, they can earn it back.

Easier said than done, I know.