Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Too much

Sometimes I talk too much. I know this is surprising (NOT!). I have hurt some people and disappointed others with my words and thoughts lately. Yep, the thoughts too, because thoughts become words, and words become atttudes, and attitudes dictate actions. So, if you are one of these people, I'm sorry! I need to learn when to keep my mouth shut, and to think on things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent and praiseworthy. (See Phillipians 4:8)

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Me, too.
I am also reading Beth Moore's So Long Insecurity. Kind of having a hard time getting into it. Guess I just want to hide my head in the sand.

Anonymous said...

Do you know - I used to think I talked too much (probably still do) but then I learned that God put gifts inside us - and the gift of exhortation is one of them. And, like any gift, it needs to be developed, honed and used for God! I think you need to re-name your gift to whatit really is: "Exhorter," "Encourager." There are two sides to each gift - good and bad - that's why it takes development (like a swimmer). I think you are an wonderful exhorter!