Saturday, September 8, 2007

Delayed Gratification

I have thought a lot about this topic this week thanks to a sermon. I'm not sure that was the whole point, but that part stuck out.

How did it affect me this week?

I didn't go out to lunch when I wanted to, and we ate at home most of the week, even when I was fighting the cold and felt lousy, I didn't call Pizza Hut! Yea for me!

I didn't go out and buy new clothes on credit, since mine are falling off of me! Once again, yea for me for losing the weight! (Although I am going to have to find $ to buy something soon, seriously, you don't want to see me walking around with my pants around my ankles....)

I resisted the after soccer ice cream cones...

I went garage saling, and didn't buy anything! (Actually, I did buy a wagon...)

Anyway, it has made me think about things more this week, and I think that's a good thing...

I didn't let it get in the way of a Starbuck's run, though.....

No comments: