Monday, September 17, 2007

Things I hear WAY too frequently

"SOMEBODY'S poopy!"

"Oopsies!" usually followed by something like "Does silly putty come out of furniture?" or "Can I have another glass of red kool-aid?"

"He/She looked at me!! (whine added for emphasis)"

"So and so has one!!"

"Can we (insert your favorite)...
Watch tv/movie/cartoons?"
Play on the computer?"
Play a video game?"

"I can't concentrate ...can you make everyone be quiet?" (No easy task with 4 kids)

"Can I hold the baby?"

"Can I have a snack?" (meaning fruit snacks - which, face it, are not a snack....)

"Where's my (once again, insert your favorite)
shoes?"
gym shorts?"
soccer cleats, shinguards, socks, jersey?" (Just one or any combination of these....)
hairbrush?"
backpack/lunchbox/homework?"

"Eew! I'm not hungry!" (With dinner staring them in the face....and five minutes ago they were clamoring for a snack).

No comments: