Wednesday, September 26, 2007

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr

I have always seen the first part of this prayer, but never the rest. When I feel like I am flying from one day/event/commitment to the next I often wonder if I am surrendering to His will. I sometimes feel like I am not slowing down enough or seeking Him enough to find His will.

No comments: