Monday, November 10, 2008

Hit between the eyes.....

So Sunday morning I was able to sit thru a sermon for the first time in a month (Live is always different from CD listening with interruptions).

I went in with an attitude. I was miffed and offended by something that someone else had done. I admit it. I have a tendency to take things the wrong way, blow things out of proportion, read between the lines.... (I'm sure you get the picture).

Anyway, pastor spoke a message about how we aren't offended by people we don't know. It's not possible. We're not offended frequently by people that we CHOOSE as our friends, because we CHOSE them. Who are we offended by? FAMILY. Those that GOD chooses to put on our lives outside our control. That not only means biological family, but church family too.

It's time for me and the church as a whole to GROW UP and get over ourselves. Our commandment to LOVE our brother needs to be more at the forefront of our everyday. That will speak volumes to the world around us. They will know we are Christians by our LOVE for one another, not our TUDES, not our offenses, not our snide remarks.... By our LOVE!

Thank you GOD and forgive me....

1 comment:

Chaos-Jamie said...

Dang it. It was me wasn't it? I KNEW I should just reschedule for next month...but I thought we could just do next month ALSO. I'm so sorry if I was the offender. I truly wasn't trying to be.

And I like the new look.