Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas musings......

Let's face it. This time of year can either be a joyous celebration or a horrible chore. I often find myself too worried about making it a Martha kind of Christmas and not a "Mary" Christmas. (By Martha I do not mean Martha Stewart, either - think biblical). Some comments made by a very wise Christian woman a couple of weeks ago made me realize that we get so wrapped up in the Christmas parties, shopping, Christmas pageant rehearsals, and details that we often lose sight of the things that make this such a wonderful time of year.

these are the things I am trying to focus on this year -

! - A true celebration of the greatest gift ever - a savior!
2 - It is more blessed to give than to receive.
3 - Being thankful for my many blessings!
4 - Enjoying a laid back time with friends and family. (even if it means making prepared sugar cookies from Pillsbury instead of making them from scratch!)


Kind of along the same lines - if you have a chance check this out. I saw this video last night and was amazed!

No comments: