Saturday, April 4, 2009

What to Wear????

About 2 months ago, hubs and I started the South Beach "lifestyle change", (diet is a nasty word around here...). Hubs has lost 50 lbs and I have lost 24. It is wonderful! BUT, it does have its dilemmas. While my children are outgrowing their clothes, mom and dad are shrinking, and the clothes are not.

My favorite pair of jeans can be removed without UNZIPPING them! I finally caved and bought a pair of jeans and 5 tops (three from a second hand store and 2 from an outlet. I plan to lose another 20 lbs at least.

But the problem remains, what to wear? I went shopping this evening in my favorite pair of jeans (I admit, Stacy and Clinton would toss them in a sec.) I felt like I belonged to the hip hop scene with my pants slipping down around my hips.

I went out to find another pair of jeans and a nice dress. I don't want to spend a fortune, since I plan to lose more weight. I went to JCPenney, Dillard's, Macy's, XXI, and Lane Bryant.

JCPenney had a few that looked great, if I wanted to show all my cleavage to the entire congregation Easter morning.

The saleslady in Macy's didn't even glance my way. Besides, the dress I wanted to try on was $200. WAY beyond my price range!

Dillard's sales staff followed me like I was going to steal something! Come on, I know the jeans look bad, but I am definitely not going to spend my money here if I'm treated like that!

XXI- I felt like I was in high school again....BIG MISTAKE! I'm sure they all thought I was shopping for my daughter. Some of the salesgirls looked the age of my daughter (10)!

Lane Bryant was one of the places I HAD to shop before I started losing weight. I had to beg the saleslady to unlock a dressing room for me. I tried on two dresses there and could have fit my two year old in with me.... That was a positive!

Needless to say, I came home empty handed. But I did see some beautiful shoes....now I just need clothes to wear....

Stacy and Clinton, where are you when a girl needs help????

4 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

I know how you feel. I've been through that exacct scenario in the past. It's a tough transition but a good one. Congrats on the weight loss!

dood1ebugs said...

Good luck with the clothes. It always seems like there are plenty of clothes on sale in every size but yours. Congrats on losing the weight!

Heather said...

I can't ever find a happy ground with sales people either. They are either one step behind you, like if you stop they might run into you, or you have to become a detective to even find one. I so happy for you regarding your weight loss!

Maybe try Target or Kohl's. I know Wal-Mart came out with a new line recently that has some classy pieces.

Anonymous said...

You should go to Dress Barn. They've got some cute reasonably priced dresses.