Saturday, July 12, 2008

No escape....

So yesterday was hubby's and my 16th anniversary. We havent' been out much alone in the last year. We were dreaming about a nice evening out alone. Last night we went to a nice restaurant, kid-free. After arriving, we were pleasantly surprised to see the restaurant had live jazz on Friday and Saturdays. What a nice touch!

As we were enjoying our salads and talking, the music started. About three songs in, I found myself starting to sing along in my head and stopped, mid-bite and stared at hubs. He asked me what was wrong....

"They are playing the theme song from Sesame Street!!!" He listened and confirmed my suspicion. Not only the theme from Sesame Street, but the Extended Play version. At least 4 loops thru with improv in between....

So much for an adult dinner. Just kidding, we still had a good time and a good laugh.

BTW - no homemade perfume concoction gift, but he did good!

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Good thing the boy was with him! Congrats on the 16 years.