Monday, September 15, 2008

80s again?!!

Wasn't the 80s bad enough a fashion mistake the first time around?

I went shopping with Sha Sha Sunday afternoon and was floored by all the 80s influences.

Check this out, rolled sleeves (in the 80's worn with two layered pairs of slouch socks...)

It is probalby hard to see in this pic, but yes, these are "skinny jeans" with pinstripes AND ankle zippers!!!


and what outfit wouldn't be complete without a pair of ankle boots!!

You also can't forget the bangle bracelets (which we also saw) and legwarmers (only if you don't have the slouch socks) .

I hope we don't see "side" ponytails anytime soon.

I should have kept all my clothes from high school. Who am I kidding, I haven't been able to wear a size 7 since then....

BTW - Hubby was playing Axel F on the keyboard in the synthezizer voice while I typed this post. If that doesn't have you ROFL than you must be too young to be reading this.....

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Who is Axel F? Is he related to Axel Rose? I don't know what 80's you grew up in.

mommy4life said...

Come on....Axel F is the name of the song....you know synthezised keyboard....

Da...Da..Da,Da,Da...(That probably doesn't help much)

Here's a link to listen
http://noolmusic.com/videos/axel_f_-_beverly_hills_cop_theme_-_on_korg_x50.php
I know you will recognize it

Chaos-Jamie said...

No way! The pinstriped jeans are back? Why didn't we save those clothes? Not for US, but for THEM!

mommy4life said...

PINSTRIPES? Old Navy on Sunday, I laughed and laughed and Sha Sha stared and stared.