Monday, September 29, 2008

No pity party here!!!

I don't post for a week and now three in one night!!! Aren't all 3 of you lucky!!!! A post for each of you.

Anyway - I started reading a book by Dr. Laura at the Laundromat tonight. "Stop Whinig and Start Living." Great title, huh?

We all know Dr. Laura, common sense and the truth even if it's harsh and or it hurts. Has anyone ever heard her talk to someone on her radio program who she didn't berate? I wonder why people continue to call in. Do they honestly expect a pity party or sympathy? They are going to the wrong place if so, they must not listen to her program very often.

I used to have a boss that listened to her every afternoon in his office to laugh at the people who called in and the straight talk from Dr. Laura.

Anyway, even before I picked up this book, I had been thinking about my week last week. Single parenting is for the birds! I have great admiration for parents out there who have to do it all the time because of their circumstances. I missed my hubby and all he does.

When husbands are home, wives can usually only see the laundry on the floor, the dishes left out, the toilet seat up, but let me tell you, when mine was not home, I noticed the lack of an extra set of hands to hand off a crying toddler, the lack of time to read with each child, supervise everyone's homework, bathe everyone, run everyone where they need to be, and the list goes on. God definitely designed families to have two parents!!

Dr. Laura's whole point is to live in the now and look at the positives in your life, not the negatives. I pray that God continues to help me focus my life that way....( not that it's not okay to vent now and then).

Reminds me of Phillipians 4:8
"Finally, brethren, [Rom 14:18; 1 Pet 2:12] whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. "

No comments: