Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Silence is Golden

There was a time in my life when I couldn't bear a moment of silence. I studied with the TV or radio on, I cleaned with the radio on, I even slept with the radio on sometimes. Silence was my enemy.

Now, as every mom can attest, silence is a commodity. Really, it should be traded on the NYSE or NASDAQ. I'm sure it would do well with mommies around the world.

Anyway, anymore when I find myself alone in the car (which is rare), I turn off the radio and enjoy the silence. It's a good time to pray and listen and rest. Of course you can only rest to a certain degree while driving, but you get the point. Tuesday evening I found myself alone in hubby's car and I rolled down the windows, enjoyed the breeze and listened to the cicadas. It was not complete silence, but it was glorious....

I had to roll down the windows anway because hubby's car is perpetually stinky!

No comments: