Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I refuse to be stereotyped!

One of the tips people give on growing your blog and follower base is to specialize! Find a niche that you are good at and stick to it. But I guess I care more about blogging about what's going on, whether or not it fits into a specific niche or not. I suppose I could have 5 or six different blogs. A "mommy" blog to share news of the kiddos and to chronicle their growing up years. A craft blog to share my favorite projects. A blog to share favorite recipes. Another to vent! But, honestly I like having ONE place that shows all of it. It's kind of like showing you all the different things that make me who I am.....

We are all a sum of all our different parts, why shouldn't our blogs reflect that?

7 comments:

Cammie said...

Im the same way. I think to be totally random with my blogs. keeps things interesting!
Thanks for stopping by yesterday!

Shelley said...

I like your blog just the way it is. I don't have the organizational skills, much less the time to run more than one blog. I haven't posted on mine since last Wednesday. So, I try to post at least once a week. I don't have a big following, but that's okay too.

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Oh I too have this problem sista! but the randomness is good! It keeps everyone on their toes :) Have a happy Wednesday!!

Tracey said...

I agree completely! I blog about anything and everything, it's my life and how I think!

Tracey xxx

Lisa said...

I keep reding that advice too, and while I'm sure it's good advice, I'm not taking it. I've been including parenting stuff, crafts, homeschooling stuff, and giveaways on my blog, and I sort of like that it's not always the same thing. It would seem artificial to segregate everything and have 4 different blogs, and I don't have enough material to sustain that many blogs anyway.
All of that to say that I like yours the way it is, and I'll be continuing along a similar path.

Grand Pooba said...

I whole heartedly agree, we want to know all different aspects of you in one place, what's wrong with that?

mommy4life said...

Thanks for all your supportive comments! I feel affirmed!