Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The dreaded "V" holiday

My hubby really doesn't care for the big "V" day coming up....
In his mind it's all a conspiracy created by the card companies and florists to artificially increase prices and scam him out of his hard earned cash....

All that being said...

I DO EXPECT A GIFT! In doesn't have to be expensive.....As a matter of fact, I'd rather have a small gift that is well thought out and shows that he listens (Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn down diamond earrings - but I live in budget reality with 4 kids and know that's not going to happen!)

I want to get him something too - every year it's the same. "I don't need anything! I can buy whatever I want." Everything he wants is something technology related that I don't understand and I'd probably mess up and buy the wrong thing.....

Or I'd have to venture into my archnemisis "BEST BUY"!!! (Shudder and cringe....) I DO love him that much......

Not to mention all that stuff is expensive and will be obsolete in a few months......

What to do? What to do?

1 comment:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Here is what a dad wants. $25.00 to best buy or what ever store floats his boat. Then a four hour time block to go use it. Alone. Problem is...not very romantic. That is why he "doesn't need anything". Valentines day is so for the woman. But I guess a couple day's out of the year can be for the woman.
What does it say about a holiday when it's initials are VD.