Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Breakfast Convo...

Setting: Our kitchen, early morning...

Forgive me for some paraphrasing... but you'll get the gist. Conversation between my 6 yr old son and 8 yr old daughter.

"I see a bunny outside"

"Really? Where?"

"Right there! HE'S looking for a place to lay HIS eggs!"

(You and I both know there is more than one problem with this statement. Older siblings are always so good at making sure you know you're wrong!)

"Bunnies don't lay eggs. They are mammals and have live babies!" (You might as well have added - "Stupid" with the tone of voice used.)

"HE is looking for a place to have HIS babies!"

(Still have a problem....)

"Girls have babies, not boys!"

"I KNEW that!"

"That's not what you SAID!"

"I'm going to go out and scoop up it's eggs after it lays them!"


ME - Shaking of head, Sighing, trying not to giggle. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who isn't listened to around here.

4 comments:

Small House said...

Dang funny! We have conversations like that around our house too. Never bored are we?
Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Whoo hoo! That was good. Isn't it great to have ears? You never know what those kids are going to say next! Thanks for coming by. I'm off to read more of your posts.
:)

Heather said...

The saying is so true, "Kids say the darndest things."

Lisa said...

My almost four year old son is always sayong things like "I love sisty. He's a cute little girl."