Thanks to Mom on the Run, we gave this a try.
I did adjust it a little.
Roast Chicken in the Crock Pot.
1 whole roasting chicken (about 5 lbs)
olive oil flavored cooking spray
pepper to taste
1 chopped onion
1 head of garlic (in skins)
1. Spray chicken with olive oil spray.
2. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper.
3. Insert onion and garlic inside cavity of chicken.
4. Spray inside of crock pot with cooking spray.
5. Roll wads of aluminum foil into balls and place in bottom of crock pot.
6. Put chicken back side down on top of aluminum balls.
7. DO NOT ADD WATER OR ANY LIQUID.
8. Cover and cook on low for about 10 hours.
9. Skin will actually turn brown as in a deli roasted chicken.
This is yummy! We are going to add celery with the onion and garlic next time and maybe a little Promise to brown it up better.
A list of ten. Or a list of diez things.
1 day ago