Monday, February 16, 2009

Roasted Vegetables

Just a little late today. Hubby and I spent the evening away, and it was glorious!!! So, more on that in a later post.

Now for today's Menu Monday post -

A new favorite at our house! (At least with 5 of the six family members.)

Roasted Vegetables

2 yellow summer squash, thickly sliced
2 zuchini, thickly sliced
1/2 onion, cut into wedges
1 red pepper, sliced
8 oz. portabello mushrooms, sliced
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Place vegetables in a 9x13 casserole dish. Mix olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle olive oil mixture over vegetables.

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Bake vegetables for 10 minutes. Stir vegetables. Bake additional 10 - 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Adjust vegetables to your liking. Fresh green beans are good if included too!

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Tracey said...

My favourite too! I do roast carrots, parsnips, peppers and onions, yum!
Love Tracey xxx

Debbie said...

I am trying to get more veggies into my kids. Maybe this would help.

Heather said...

I love roasted veggies, so yummy!!

Margaret said...

That sounds really good. I love squash.

Librarian or Teacher said...

Sounds great! I would have to leave the mushrooms out though!

Lesley said...

I am a roasted veggie addict...if I can roast them...I will....stopping by with some SITS love