Wednesday, August 1, 2007

All a matter of perspective....

Going from 4 kids to 2 for the week has reminded me that our perspective on life is so tinted by our personal experience.

For example, I didn't cringe today when hubby suggested I bring the 2 out for lunch with him, but had he suggested this when my Ni-Ni (2nd) was 6 weeks old, I would have laughed in his face....

When I had just one child I wondered how stay-at-home moms got anything done. Now when I am home with just one, I feel like I can accomplish anything....

The fact is that this translates to all areas of our life, including our spiritual walk. The more we are in The Word and learning and growing the more our horizons can be expanded and our perspectives on life can change. When God puts an opportunity in front of us, we can respond differently than we may have years or even months ago.

No comments: