Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Changing of the guard

Whether you agree with his politics or not, whether you like him as a person or not, Barack Obama will be sworn in today as President of the United States. As one of the most powerful positions in the world, he needs prayer. Prayer that he will be able to hear and discern God's voice, that he will be diligent in seeking His face, and that he yields to God's Word. I am praying for protection for President Obama, his wife, and his daughters. I am praying that his family unit is strong and can withstand the public scrutiny and extreme demands that are being placed upon them.

I personally did not vote for Barack Obama. But God's Word directs us to Pray for rulers and for all who have authority so that we can have quiet and peaceful lives full of worship and respect for God. (1 Timothy 2:2).

I am not very poetic, but I was inspired by Becoming Me: My Prayer for Our Nation and President Obama.

Her post is so much better than my own....

1 comment:

jori-o said...

True words! I hope President Obama can feel the power of all of our prayers as he leads us through these next few (potentially VERY difficult!) years!