Monday, January 19, 2009

First Menu Monday post!!!

Every Monday I will be posting one of my new favorite South Beach Diet recipes. Hubby and I started the diet two weeks ago and have both lost over 10 lbs each. We decided we needed to take better care of ourselves.

So here goes.

Creole Shrimp

2 pieces Canadian Bacon or Turkey Bacon
1-2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
1/2 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)
1 can diced tomatoes with liquid (16 oz)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 bay leaf
1 tsp hot sauce
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire
1 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled

Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat. Remove from pan. Cook celery, green pepper and onion in same skillet until soft, approximately 3-5 minutes. (You may want to add the olive oil at this time if there are no drippings from the bacon, as Canadian bacon is very lean.)

Add garlic and cook an additional minute or so. Add tomatoes with liquid, pepper, bay leaf, Worcestershire, tomato sauce and hot sauce. You can adjust the amount of hot sauce for a more spicy or milder dish.

Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, simmering for 20 minutes. Add shrimp and cook uncovered (stirring frequently) for 10 minutes, or until opaque and pink. Discard bay leaf.

In phase one, this is great with a salad. In phase two, you can add brown rice.
I adapted this a little from a recipe in the "South Beach Diet Cookbook".

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try this recipe out!

Anonymous said...

1000 facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://www.macygray.com/node/243 http://www.webvertization.com/?guid=20090610055053
get facebook likes facebook likes 1000 facebook likes
I believe I may have picked up a virus. Just yesterday my pc started acting "funny" - locking up when moving from one thing to another, etc. Then today I attempted to log into my online bank account and was taken to a page (which looked as though it was part of my bank's site) that was asking for my name, dob, ss#, bank card number, pin, etc in order to "verify" me. I knew this wasn't right so I closed internet explorer, re-opened and tried going to Ebay, when I attempted to log in there I was taken to the same sort of page but this time it looked like it was part of the Ebay site. Does anyone know what could be doing this and how to fix it?

get facebook likes 1000 facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]buy facebook likes [/url] buy facebook likes