Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What happens when kids are sick?

The house smells of Lysol and Clorox. Trust me, it's better than the alternative.

The clean laundry doesn't get folded. It takes up residence on the couch (as long as a sick child is not inhabiting it). I consider it an accomplishment that it is even clean!

Dishes pile in the sink.

Mom gulps coffee like it's going out of style.

Mom can't remember what day it is and when she last had a shower or a good night of sleep.

Kind of on the same subject - why do kids always vomit at ungodly hours?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Stomach flu is the worst!

I hope there's no more yuckiness and that you can get some rest (don't worry about the laundry and dishes - they can wait).

Live.Love.Eat said...

Oh, I am sorry. But this reminds me my little guy has not been sick in quite some time. I just ruined that didn't I.

Heather said...

I hope you are atleast getting some cuddles out of it! I have to agree, they do always seem to get sick in the middle of the night.

Smores for Breakfast said...

I hear ya!

I was up last night changing a messy messy diaper. Why didn't he do his biz in the late afternoon instead of at 4am????

I hope he's feeling better!