Sunday, January 4, 2009

Doting?

Our single middle aged female neighbor has a new boyfriend. He comes over to take out her trash, he plants new bushes and flowers, he came over last week and cut up the huge branch that fell out of her tree, he washes her car, etc.

My hubby and I were watching him take out her trash earlier today. (We are really not voyeurs or overly nosy, I promise!) Anyway, hubby commented that our neighbor had better not ever marry him because it would all stop posthaste! Hubby and I have always joked that he didn't try nearly as hard to impress me and do things for me after we were married.

Disclaimer - This by no means is a complaint against my hard-working hubby who does his best to keep up with his work, the kids, the house, and his ever-demanding wife!

2 comments:

Heather said...

We have the same conversations in our house about how different things were before we were married. Then kids came and all the "doting" is now focused on them.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I, too, have a wonderful husband. However, I haven't had a dozen roses for about 12 years now. Just saying...

Mrs. Nurse Boy