Thursday, January 29, 2009

Future Techie in Training

My 6 yr old son brought me a Magna Doodle the other day on which he had traced a car. He wanted me to write "Happy Birthday" on it. I asked him why. He wanted to do it for a classmate who wasn't feeling well on his birthday. (All right everyone, in unison, AWWW!) I asked just how he would get it to him. Are you taking the Magna Doodle to him? (Insert panic in my voice, because toddler GiGi is VERY attached to Magna Doodle at the moment).

"I have a plan!" with his Dad's sparkle in his eyes. (Dad's an idea man too!)

"What's that?" (I reply, fearing that it will be ME who has to execute said "plan").

"I will take a picture of it with the digital camera, download it to the computer, print it out, and take it to him" (Yep, I was right, requires Mom intervention and effort).

"What's wrong with a good old piece of paper and markers?" Comes my reply...

So he did get out the markers, and proceeded to draw a picture for his buddy on PAPER TOWELS that were on the table (Clean ones at least). Who could be bothered by getting PAPER out that was right next to the markers?

I would take a picture of the paper towel masterpiece and post it - however, Gigi got hold of it and used it to wipe her face and ended up with half the drawing on her lips and chin. (Should have taken a pic of that too...I need to get better with the photo ops!) I'm still not sure if he packed it up to take it to his friend or not....

7 comments:

Small House said...

How cute!! Great story!

Heather said...

What a cute story!

Star Forbis said...

Too Cute! Good thinking on dad's part.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet idea. And clever!

Michelle said...

I'll give you a nice awwww. That's so sweet -- and I love the advance planning skills there. Ok, except for the paper. What a sweet kid though!

And thank you so much for coming to visit my blog on my SITS day. Today has been so much fun and so lovely to see the response and fun comments. I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed my blog and come back to visit soon!

Kate said...

Aah, he sounds like a sweet kid. I love what you said about keeping in contact with adults on a daily basis. How funny. I sometimes have that same thought. I interview attorneys for a living, so sometimes its nice to talk to non-attorney people! Oh, and G-d's blessings to you should you try the rental properties!

Aunt Spicy said...

Okay, that is such a great story! And oh so adorable!