Sunday, January 25, 2009

No pity please....

I mentioned a about 3 weeks ago that hubby and I have started the South Beach Diet. With exercise we have both lost around 15 pounds.

Since we started people have expressed pity for our four children. In line at the grocery store as I was buying produce with my 10 yr old daughter, the bag boy says, "SOMEONE eats healthy, poor kid!" while looking at my daughter. Another parent at my children's school said that my 8 yr old told them that since mommy and daddy were on a diet, there wasn't anything to eat at home.

So my evidence that my children are not being deprived their junk food, even though mom and dad are choosing not to partake -

Exhibit #1 - Junk cereal - Trix and Crunch Berries.

cereal

Exhibit #2 - A overfull treat bowl.

candy

Exhibit #3 - Three half gallons of ice cream (that are "FULL FAT")

ice cream

Exhibit #4 - The overflowing snack cabinet - otherwise known as popcorn, chips and crackers galore!

other junk

So please, please, no pity and no care packages are necessary! Trust me, they are not deprived! Also - don't report me to SRS for feeding them only junk - they get the healthy stuff too! All in balance!

3 comments:

Chaos-Jamie said...

heh.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Wow! Good for you!

Bethany said...

I'm not sure I'd be able to resist if the junk food was around! I'm trying REALLY hard to stop buying Cheetos. They are my serious addiction right now and it's awful!